Since we’ve basically already done this renovation once before on the guest/hall bath, the demo on the master went far more smoothly.
We basically gutted the entire thing. Vanity/sink, mirror cabinet, wall cabinet, toilet, and tub all ripped out and taken away – for free! Instead of waiting for the next bulk trash pickup day or getting a dumpster, we take full advantage of the free section on Craigslist (it was all gone within 24 hrs of posting!). Ripped out the tile tub surround, ripped out the tile floor, and cut back the drywall to the height we’re going to do the tile wainscoting.
Since we demo’d the whole bathroom we got a plumber in as well. Just like in the hall bath we had the shower head raised, the water controls raised, had a new mixing valve installed (that works with the trim kit we decided on), and generally just the plumbing done to the new standard.
We dropped in the tub, Zach framed out the shower niche, and that’s where we’re at!
Its finally time. Time to bring the master bath into the present.
We haven’t touched this bathroom since we moved in, so here’s what we’re working with:
Generally we’re keeping it pretty similar to the look of the guest bathroom reno we did, plus a few nicer touches. We’ll be installing a shower niche, using a little nicer trim kit for the tub/shower, a different light above the vanity, and subway tile wainscoting etc!
Its gonna be so great – and this is the last bit of the fiesta paint in the house!
When I last posted an update on the closets both the office and guest bedroom closets were framed out, and now they’re (basically) completely done. We just need to add door catches.
Last progress update / trimmed / with doors
Painted the doors, added hardware and viola!
So complete B&A’s
Now that we’ve gone through that process once in its entirety, time do do it all over again! I’ve since started on finishing the master closets.
Current master B&A
Hi everyone! Welcome to Pass Me The Hammer (thanks Court) a blog chronicling the renovation process on our little ranch-style home here in San Antonio, Texas!
When Zach and I found out Zach would be stationed here in San Antonio, looking for a house would could do some work to was pretty high on our list, and we found one thanks to our amazing realtor Babs!
We were both really excited to have a house that had our own backyard…since we see dogs in our future. Well in true reno spirit we found on that had a backyard that needed some work.
This is what it looked like on our walkthrough:
It was a mess.
Zach did a lot of clearing/weed killing before I got to San Antonio, but once Maddie and I showed up we went to town on the yard. We took down all of the overgrown trees/shrubs/bushes that lined the fence.
Loads better, but still pretty far from finished. Zach and I cut down all the brush, raked the yard what felt like a million times, ripped out some chicken wire, took down the rotting planks from the fence and eventually had the yard all ready for seed!
We raked the yard, again, and put down seed last weekend. We had some green pop through a few days later, and now about 10 days later this is our yard:
IT’S SO GREEN. SUCCESS!