Furniture building experiment

After moving in I decided I wanted a little makeup vanity for our bedroom, and couldn’t quite find anything that was going to be the right size.  So I decided to try my hand at building one.  I found this plan online, and modified it roughly using this plan to the specs I wanted (2 drawers and a different depth).

Progress pics
I ended up going with a darker stain to compliment the other furniture in our bedroom

img_7840

The mostly finished product! (sans pulls)

img_7861

All in all I spent less that I would’ve to buy something that wasn’t quite perfect, and I think with my leftover materials I’ll try my hand at making some bookshelves!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s